Sunday 9 October 2011

CD Cover Design Back

After creating the front cover of my CD album i then designed the back of it.


Final CD back cover.




(click the image to see it in bigger better quality) 



I decided to keep the same colour red that i used on the front, and decided to use it as a house colour for my artist. For the name of my artist i decided to play around with the house colours and fade them together gradually. I used Adobe Photoshop for this so i had a great variety to play around with. I used an image of my artist for the back but this time more of a close up. Again i decided to put an effect on this image to keep in with the theme of the front and make it look more artistic and abstract. I think that the simpleness of the cover looks great and fits in with my acoustic genre as well as being interesting to look at and easy to read. I added the album tracks including the name of the album as one of them and 'White Wires' which i am advertising on my magazine promotion and the front cover of the CD. 

I added a barcode also and added my own letters along the top of it including the name of the album and the artists name. Next to the barcode i put the name of a record company which i made up for it, again i used the red house colour to make it stand out and also fit in with the rest of it. I put this in more of an interesting font to make it look more realistic and therefore more appealing to potential buyers. Underneath that i put the website of my artist, credits and copyrights.




I am really pleased with my final result for this, i think it matches my target genre and target audience well and looks like an interesting product.

For example this Adele Cover is similar to my product:


No comments:

Post a Comment