Sunday 9 October 2011

My final Album cover


My final album cover.

(click the image to see it in bigger better quality) 


Evaluation

I changed the effect on the background of my picture to make it stand out more and be more eye catching but decided to keep my original idea of having the artist as a normal image. I also changed the name of the album but kept it to do with the idea of walking that i had taken my picture for. I centered the image and blurred the sides so they went into the black background of the rest of it. I think this was is a lot better than my first attempt. I used simple typography, and made the 'Walk to Rome' look like it was actually on the pavement. I I think i used all features well and made the artists name 'Jack Morgan' in red, which fits in with the colour scheme on the back of my album cover and also to give more variety on the cover, whilst still keeping it simplistic. . I also put a selling point on the album cover, advertising the 'best selling single' to attract and persuade people to buy it.

I used Adobe photoshop for both of my designs, giving me a lot of variety and ideas to play around with.



My first attempt for my CD cover




(click the image to see it in bigger better quality) 



I decided to make it interesting to look at and keep it simple as the music is acoustic and relaxing, so i thought a more simple cover would be most appropriate.

I placed the image to the right and kept the rest of it black as i thought it looked the best. I decided to blur the background of the image to give a more interesting effect to the album and to make the image of the person stand out. After looking at other acoustic artists CD Album covers i decided to keep the typography simple too. However after reconsidering this i thought it looked a bit boring for what i wanted, i therefore changed my idea slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment