Sunday 9 October 2011

My magazine advertisement

After producing my CD covers i designed a magazine advertisement to promote the album.




(click the image to see it in bigger better quality) 


This is my advertisment.
I decided to use the cover of the album as the image on the advert as i thought it would be the best to use as it is eyecatching and so people could recognise it in the shops. 
I copied the typography on the back of my album cover to do the artists name and placed it as an angle to look more interesting. I also put some grey outlines around the cover to make it stand out from the background and also look more 3D.
 I put a selling point on my advert saying 'Plus Free signed copy for the first 100 buys at www.JackMorgan.co.uk' I think this is good feature to have on an advert as it gives the target audience a reason to buy the album as quick as possible as there are only 100. 
I am also advertising the artists website, bringing more potential fans to it and his music by doing so. 
I have also put the option to buy the album digitally on iTunes, which is a popular way of downloading music for the contemporary audience of today. It also means that it can easily be put on peoples ipods and phones a lot easier by having this option, therefore keeping the market at a wider selling potential.
 I put the release date for the album in the same typography that i used for the track numbers on the back of the album cover, keeping to the trademark unique identity of my artists album. I decided to use buzzwords such as 'Exclusive' and 'Plus' to entice my audience and attract them to the advertisement.  I also decided to put a price on the advert to give more information about the album, i researched the price of current artists albums, and decided that this one was an appropriate one.  I again advertised that the album had the 'best selling single white wires' on it to add to my selling point for the album and attracting more customers/fans. I decided to keep to the colour scheme i had used for the album as not only does it fit in with the whole theme i used for my artist but it keeps it looking simple as well as interesting, and as i found in my research a lot of top selling artists also do this, and therefore fitting in with my acoustic genre and fitting the wants and needs of my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment